Thursday, March 4, 2010

The Sweater Chronicles Pt 2 of 2

Sigh. My radial nerve on my right hand twitches every once in a while.

Wanna know why?

I give you....the Mickey Sweater!

The Mickey Sweater was an insane challenge by me to finish a complex Norwegian style sweater in 9 days. It's sort of disturbing how close I was though. It took me 11 days.

Here it is Day 1.

By Day 5 I finished the stockinette ocean and started the chart.

It's worth noting that I didn't do the calculations for the chart until I got there. Brave you say?

Day 7 I was ready to attach the sleeves to the body for a raglan construction.
Above the sweater you see how much yarn I had left by that point.
Is that Miga trying on my sweater?

Day 10 I stood in disbelief looking down at a very-close-to-finished sweater. I just had to do few more rows before the neckband.


...and done!


My stranded knitting is flatter than ever!

Pattern: My original (inspired by CM costume in Disneyland)
Yarn: KnitPicks Telemark --11 balls Skyline (blue), 2.5 balls Cream, and 0.3 balls Cardinal (red)
Needle: US2, 3, and 4 circular
Notes: I'll post the sweater pattern here soon...just give me some time to gather all the notes and write up for different sizes (one shown here is 38").

It still hasn't been blocked yet. I'm wearing it now. It's ever so slighly tight around my neck. More short rows next time. I have a sweater!

1 comment:

IndigoButterfly said...

Gorgeous sweater. You did a great job! I love Mickey Mouse. =)