Friday, March 12, 2010

More selfless month knits

I'm done with Sister's malabrigo hat: Done. Just like that. I love bulky knits.

Ikumi knits Hitomi's hat

Pattern:: Capitan Hat by the Soapy Knitter
Yarn:Malabrigo yarn Chunky in Amoroso
Needle:US10 circular and DPN
Mods:None, LOVE the buttons we picked out. Lovely pattern, lovely hat. sigh.

I didn't run out of yarn like most people on ravelry...it must be that continental uses less yarn than English style knitting. If anyone knows, please let me know.


-----

I casted on for grandma's shawl, and done with the first skein: Funny, notice the difference in color where the ends are on the shawl? I checked the label, and they are the same dye lot. Hemph. I really hope I have enough yarn for this. I'm making the short version.

Ikumi knits grandma's shawl


Pattern:: Carol's Clever Little Shawl by Carol Sanders
Yarn:Patons Classic Wool in Royal Purple
Needle:US8 straight
Mods:None so far. 1 repeat takes 13g of yarn. Hope to not run out!

No comments: