Sunday, March 21, 2010

Homespun Yarn Party!

I didn't realize Maryland was such a fiber-party central. Asher and I drove up the road (after getting lost due to multiple roads with the same names), we finally made it, and enjoyed the yarn fumes in very warm weather.



There were lots of pretty yarn, but none of them really called my name except for this silk hankie: It's a lovely mixture of purple, blue, and cool pink. The hand of it is exquisite. The lovely lady at Misty Hill Farm (I hope that's right, they were out of business cards) showed me how to spin a hankie.


Here's how it's spinning: not as even as I would like it to be, but it's so addictive. While Asher was away playing frisbee, I was busy twirling away on the spindle. And the colors! Usually I'm a sucker for natural colored roving, but these colors! I'm planning on plying it so it will have some interesting mix of colors.


No comments: