Friday, May 21, 2010

I got wollmeise!

Success!

As I sat (not knitting!) in front of the computer and waited and looked at ravelry's wollmeise forum, the screen turned grey like this. The time stamp is 1:54 EDT.


Apparently the thing to look for nowadays is lace yarn, so I must have had less competition. I got a skein of 100% superwash sock yarn in aurora colorway, which is red.


35 minutes later, the shop was empty. Intense!



I had little trouble getting through, but fortunately no one took my yarn, and it's on its way to me. It wasn't as hard as I was imagining. Now I get to wait for yarn! yay! Good thing I held back last night. :)

4 comments:

Alyssa said...

Wow, sounds like a huge adventure! I've never heard of wollmeise, but it sounds like it must be pretty rare! I wonder if it lives up to expectations?

I k u m i said...

Yes I definitely feel like I've been on an adventure on the internet for German yarn. :) I'm going to post photos of the yarn once I receive it, show it off to my knitting group, then knit a swatch/blanket square. If anything, the skein has 500+ yards, so it was not bad even with shipping.

Alyssa said...

I can't wait to see it. I may know why the lace weight is so popular... this pattern is #1 on the pattern list on ravelry.

http://www.ravelry.com/patterns/library/not-a-drop

It makes me want to stay up late and buy some, too!

I k u m i said...

Wow that's such a lovely pattern! Thank you for sharing it. :) I think there's going to be another update tomorrow morning for us east coasters around 10am or so. Good luck! :)