Sunday, May 9, 2010

Little red cables

I've been looking forward to Cookie A's Sock Knitters Anonymous Mystery sock since it was announced in fall of 2009. After freeing up my favorite sock knitting needles, I cast on for the first clue:


Pattern:: MAY 2010 SKA Mystery Sock by Cookie A
Size:Large (9" circ)
Yarn:Lang Jawoll Superwash in color #932
Yardage:Hopefully less than 412 yds
Needle:US1 DPN
Mods: The pattern called for 450+ yards, so hopefully I'll shorten the leg and use smaller needles to compensate for the yardage. Otherwise I'll just have different color toes. I'll keep up with the yardage used for each clue.

Clue 1: used 4g.
Clue 2: 1st repeat used 5g (above photo).
What lovely pattern!

My cable needle is actually bigger than my #1 needle, so out of necessity I've been working without a cable needle. It's not so bad so far since most cables require only 1 st on the cable needle.


I started on my other red cabled knitting: glove #2 of Meisi that I started last fall out of my handspun red yarn.



I have enough tiny cable projects, eh? :)

1 comment:

Alyssa said...

Oh, those tiny cables are going to be so gorgeous! Your blog has some great knits!