Tuesday, May 17, 2011

No More Fiber challenge!

So March has come and gone, so did April, and half of May. What!

Anyway, I noticed that I have SO MUCH fiber in the house. I can knit at least 3 sweaters, 3 shawls, 2 pairs of socks, 2 pairs of mittens, and hours worth of spinning.

And my boyfriend still thinks I'm not insane.


After coming home with only 8 oz of fiber from the Maryland Sheep and Wool (I know, I'm proud of myself), I decided that I shouldn't buy any more yarn until Maryland Sheep and Wool next year.

Some silk caps, primary color roving for mixing colors,
and a braid from my good friend Mary Ann @ Three Waters Farm
in the coloway Morroco

Enter this past Sunday--



My good friend Miss A and I went venturing out to a farm with Jacob sheep! Since the Yarn Harlot raved about the breed, I was worried about not finding any. Fortunately, I was able to find some local fleece available. yay!

sweet sheepies
kind of shy


After sorting through the fluffy and lovely fleeces, it was like Christmas:

I'm the fleece Santa!

I'm pretty sure I can work with the fiber I have for a full year. Not just for knitting, but processing and spinning the fleece.

Let's see how long this will last =)

1 comment:

Alyssa said...

I'm rooting for you! I want to pair down my stash as well, there's a lot of yarn that I bought with the intent of knitting (blank).