Monday, October 18, 2010

Knitting Season is in full swing!

Wow I haven't blogged in a long time. Work got busy and it was ridiculously hot. Around Labor Day, the weather was starting to cool off a bit, just to make it hot again. Now I'm in my cozy knitted sweater I knit a long time ago (first knitted sweater I think).

So here's what I've been doing:

1. Lots of spinning: from about August to now, I've been working on my little bags of wool from different breeds of sheep. So far I' ve spun:

Blue Faced Leicester:


Falkland


Icelandic


Jacob


Shetland


Coopworth


I only have 3 more bumps to spin to complete my spinning project! Very exciting!

From the drop spindle, the fiber I got at SAFF last October is finally all spun up:

From this 4oz bump:


To this:


To this.



So exciting! I think I want to knit the Leaf & Nupp Shawl from Nancy Bush's Knitted Lace of Estonia.

I'm going to write about my knitting another day. Now, back to work.

No comments: