Friday, December 18, 2009

sessilifolia

I have been searching for an internet name for a while. I always wanted something clever and appropriate for who I am. Today, I finally found one:

--sessilifolia--

Pretty, yea?

It's a species name for my birthday flower Lobelia sessilifolia. It's indigenous to Japan (reason 1) and thus does not have a common English name. Its Japanese name is 沢桔梗 (sawagikyou = waterbend balloon flower) and the flowers beautiful blue purple (reason 2). It's slightly toxic (reason 3). It symbolizes nobility, unique talent, delicateness, and hostility (reason 4-7). I'm not sure about the last one, but I really like the overall feel.

Moreover, sessilifolia means plain leaf. How appropriate is that for an illustrator like me? I always need a plain sheet of paper to start my doodles/illustrations/knitting/baking. Oh, and it sounds like sessile, which is me.

I like it.

PS: Here's a photo link

No comments: