Monday, August 31, 2009

5.56 miles

That's right. There are 5.56 miles worth of yarn in my yarn drawer. That's 9786.5 yards. Wow I haven't even purchased any yarn since Maryland Sheep and Wool Festival and still this amount!?

To make myself feel better, 5247 yards of the total is fingering weight or finer yarn.

My overall goals:
  • Knit half that amount by New Years. (4893 yards)
  • Knit one-fourth of the amount to go to Southeast Animal Fiber Festival in October. (2446 yards)

My Primary Goals to Finish:
  • Mandala Lace shawl by Renee Leverington (1500 yards)
  • Lace Cable Poncho in Vogue Knitting on the Go (1000 yards)
  • DK Classic Mens Vest in Retro Knits (1070 yards)
  • Grun ist die Hoffnung socks (437 yards)
  • TOTAL: 4007 yards

Secondary Goals:
  • Elefante (100 yards)
  • Charity hats or Mother Bear Project
  • Pomatomus socks by Cookie A. (360 yards)
  • Swallowtail Shawl in fingering weight (440 yards)
  • Wisp Shawl in cobweb (500 yards)
  • Aeolian Shawl in fingering weight (440) yards
  • TOTAL: 1840 yards
These projects will take care of about 60% of the stash. phew! Now I just have to knit them... ;)

No comments: